Significant Sponsorships & Events by CIC
30th Anniversary of CIC Singapore Branch
- 5 Jan 2015
Early October 2014, we have the opportunity to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of CIC Singapore Branch. As 5 years ago, the bank has invited Ms. Ophélie Gaillard to perform in the iconic Jubilee Hall of the Raffles Hotel. It was for us and for our colleagues from the General Management in Head Office to welcome our clients and business partners in a very prestigious environment.
The Guest of Honour was Mr. Benjamin Dubertret, the French Ambassador in Singapore and his wife and on the Bank side, Mr. Philippe Vidal was playing host to our guests.
Both the concert performed by Ophélie Gaillard and her quartet and the reception in the Raffles Ballroom were greatly appreciated by our guests.
Private Banking Seminar with John Paulson on 20 Oct 2014
- 5 Jan 2015
Last October, our PB Advisory brought the series of private banking seminars to a new level with Wall Street legend John Paulson. In Singapore, the multi-billionaire exclusively shared with our clients his valuable insights about the market and the best strategy to make money in a volatile environment.
For those who do not know him, Paulson became a legend after he famously bet against bonds backed by subprime mortgages in 2006. This was labeled as "the greatest trade ever" from a book by that title written by Gregory Zuckerman and granted him USD 4.9 billion of net wealth in 2007. He was later named "one of the most prominent names in high finance" by the New York Times. Today, his firm Paulson & Co. manages USD 21.4 billion, a large part of it being his own wealth, estimated at USD 13.5 billion.
At the seminar, our clients could see that Paulson, 58, is still very passionate about mergers and acquisitions. An investment banker at heart, he wants to uncover companies which will be taken over and benefit from their future price jump. This is his core expertise, the strategy he has managed for the past 20 years.
Asked about his market views, the hedge fund manager is not too concerned about the spike of volatility witnessed last September/October. Paulson considers this correction as a healthy re-pricing and remains positive about the long-term. Coming from the only manager who correctly foresaw the 2008 crisis, I found this very encouraging!
CM11 Group and CIC Financial Results as at June 30 2016
- 30 Jun 2016 Read more Press release: BFCM – the holding company of CIC, completes the acquisition of General Electric's leasing and factoring business in France and Germany
- 20 Jul 2016 Read more Press Release – CM-CIC Financial Results Dec 2015
- 25 Feb 2016 Read more Press Release – CIC in 2015
- 25 Feb 2016 Read more Net Exposure of CIC and CM11 Group - 30 Dec 2015
- 25 Feb 2016 Read more Press Release - CM-CIC Financial Results Jun 2015
- 30 Jul 2015 Read more Press Release - CIC Financial Results Jun 2015
- 30 Jul 2015 Read more Investor Presentation – Dec 2014
- 1 Apr 2015 Read more Press Release – CM-CIC Financial Results Dec 2014
- 26 Feb 2015 Read more Press Release – CIC in 2014
- 26 Feb 2015 Read more Press Release – CIC in the first half of 2014
- 31 Jul 2014 Read more